Performance Review (Appraisal) Training
The course provides an overview of the typical Performance Review Process (Appraisals) and how to effectively to use Performance Review in the workplace with maximum effect – for both the employee and the employer.
Why this training course?
By the end of this course you will:
- Be knowledgeable around the Performance Review (PR) process, its benefits and why reviews are carried out
- Know what a good PR discussion looks like
- Know how to set good objectives and provide feedback to employees
- Know when and how to follow up with an employee on agreed actions
- Know when a review leads to more informal action
What will you learn?
- What you should cover in the Performance Review discussion
- The importance of objective setting
- How to set a ‘SMART’ objective
- Effective listening
- How to effectively provide feedback
- How to effectively prepare for the review discussion
- How to manage difficult conversations
- What a more formal approach to formal performance management looks like
Who should do this course?
New and existing line managers who would like an introduction to or a refresh on Performance Review processes and general performance management. The course is also suitable for new entrants to HR who want to develop their career – i.e. HR Assistants.
Next Course Dates
Contact us to book on the next course